Is your life message clear to you and to others?
We humans are inspired, connected, and motivated by stories. We are designed to process via stories, not lists, protocols, and bullet points - just think back to those lectures where the presenters just read off the lists on their slides versus the more engaging presenters.
(For more about this angle, check out Richard Krevolin's book "The Hook"; list of referenced books and links at the end)
I recently listened to Donald Miller's book "Building a Storybrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen."
Now I know you're thinking, "why is this guy telling us about a book about business and marketing." The answer is this: the simple messages and lessons in this book are almost entirely transferable to living purposefully and meaningfully.
In short, according to Donald Miller, a business with a better story, a more clear message has a higher chance of getting customers and selling, that is HIGHER CHANCE OF SUCCESS.
Same goes for you in your own personal and professional life, your own life story. A clear life story, a clear message of your life gives a higher chance of your success.
Here are two questions for you to ponder:
1) Are you able to explain to YOURSELF with COMPLETE CLARITY what your own life story is about, about what YOU are about?
2) Are you able to explain to OTHERS with COMPLETE CLARITY what your life story is about, what YOU are about in this life?
Referenced / Recommended books.
1. "Physician Freedom: Living Your Authentic Physician Life" by Dr. Francis Yoo (yes, me...)
I wrote this book to help physicians to gain clarity about their life, present and future.
- https://amzn.to/2SqwmpF (the affiliate link version: if you buy this book with this link I get an extra affiliate money at no extra cost to you)
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086MDSDF3 (non-affiliate link version)
2. Richard Krevolin "The Hook"
https://amzn.to/32TLulI (the affiliate link version)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1632650126 (non-affiliate link version)
3. Donald Miller "Building a Storybrand"
https://amzn.to/39oMj70 (the affiliate link version)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0718033329 (non-affiliate link version)
Why am I recommending these two books to you? They give an interesting insight into our human psychology and behavior and can easily be translated into your own personal life. Plus I think they're well-written.